A great opportunity to “Love Your Neighbor.” The pickup is Wednesday evenings and the bread is then delivered before Saturday when it is served to all that come to Jacob’s Well and are hungry. We are also in need of volunteers to bag the bread on Wednesday or Thursday. If this sounds like a way that you would like to serve your neighbor, please leave a comment here. Thank you and be blessed!
“For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
1. Upon arriving at Panera Bread around 10 p.m. on Wednesday nights, it is good to have a few paper towels and an all purpose spray cleaner (just a dash of dishwashing liquid mixed with water in a spray bottle will do) to wipe out the containers.
2. Then take the containers inside and place them in the aisle beside the cash register.
3. Say “Hello, I’m from Jacob’s Well”.
4. Have a seat nearby as the store is still open for a few more minutes.
5. As the containers are filled, the employees place them back beside the register along with a few sacks of sliced bread. Begin to take them to your car and be sure to not let yourself get locked out (Perhaps put one of the containers in the doorway so the employees don’t have to let me back in.)
6. Always say thanks and as you get to know the Panera staff, invite them to come see the exciting work that they are a part of at Jacob’s Well
Include bags from Panera
Exclude onion bagels from rest
Drop bread off, then take bins with to pick up next time