Step by Step
At Jacob’s Well we believe that rehab is for everybody, not just addicts. No perfect people are allowed because we recognize that all of us struggle with something and experience brokenness in our lives. Through fun teaching and meaningful relationships we are discovering ways to experience life in the Spirit that is full of love, joy, & peace while at the same time turn away from destructive habits and lifestyles that lead us in the opposite direction. The renewing power of the gospel is our focus and the 12 steps our framework.
The 12 Steps
1. We admitted we were powerless—that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10.Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11.Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12.Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Learn more by listening to our Step by Step Series: